Fried Rice Balls
- 3 cups of rice
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp dashi (shirodashi or dashi powder)
- 1 tbsp mirin
- Sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 cups of water
- Rinse rice thoroughly.
- Put the rice in a rice cooker and add soy sauce, dashi, and mirin.
- Add about 3 cups of water into the rice cooker. Mix well.
- Places 2 cloves of garlic in the middle and turn on the rice cooker. Wait till done.
- Once rice is cooked, mix it well.
- Separate the rice into 8 and form them into triangle using plastic wrap.
- Heat a pan with low heat and coat the pan with sesame oil.
- Place rice balls onto the pan and fry them till they start browning. Make sure to fry all sides.